Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Lies, Lies, Lies

How much do you value honesty? It's huge with me. I have a hard time functioning in relationships that are honesty-challenged. I can work with difficult people and even mean people if there is honesty. Without honesty, there's not much worth saving.

If you value honesty the way I do, ask yourself this question. Am I honest with myself? I find that most of us are hard on ourselves and we often repeat the lies we have heard others say. See if you have ever said any of these things to yourself.

I am not good enough. I can't. Nobody likes me. I'm a slob. I'm ugly. I'm a failure. I don't have what it takes. I'm worthless. I'm stupid. I'm not a good person. I don't have any backbone.

Sound familiar? We could go on, but you get the idea. There is not a shred of truth in any of these comments. If you are thinking or saying words like these, you are spreading lies. Saying or believing hurtful things is damaging to you and to those around you. We are like sponges absorbing the energy around us, whether negative or positive.

The truth is you are good enough. You can. Someone loves you. You are vibrant. You are beautiful. You can succeed. You have what it takes. You are valued. You are intelligent. You are a good person. You are powerful.


Belive in yourself. Believe in others. The truth rocks.

Linda Garner

No comments:

Post a Comment