Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Work in Progress

It's true. I'm not perfect. Neither are you. I'm working on it. I have a feeling you are too. I'm a work in process. I have flaws, but I also have hope. I have both goals and dreams.

What if we were only valued for our achievements? What if the only goal that mattered was perfection? What if our worth was attached to the ends and not the means? What if only the perfect were considered worth something?

Sometimes we focus too much on results. We demand perfection and feel worth less when we fall short of our expectations. Perfection is a life-long process and may be beyond our grasp. Is there no joy in the journey?

If we harbor thoughts of worthlessness because we are not perfect, we have set ourselves up for failure. We will never be good enough.

This is a thinking error. Indeed our worth is infinite. Our service and contributions, though not perfect, are valuable. Your life has value. So does mine.

You are in charge of your thoughts. You can change your thinking. You can choose to value your efforts, your body, your appearance, your feelings, your thoughts. You can choose to enjoy the present. You can choose to enjoy becoming. You can choose.

You can do this. You can. You are a work in progress. What could be better.

Enjoy.

Linda Garner

No comments:

Post a Comment